Let's backtrack for a second. I forgot this blog existed and I figure I use it now to chronicle my Voiceover journey. I should have started 3 years ago, but post-representation is a good start point.
But let's rewind way back. Back to 1987/1988. There was video footage where I was 2 or 3 years old and was singing "Somewhere Out There" - yes the Linda Rondstadt and James Ingram duet. I watched the video and I know memory is shoddy during your toddler years, but this was a moment I do remember. I couldn't even talk or say the words, but I could carry the tune. This is the beginning of my stardom.
From then on, I've been singing, acting, performing all my life. My mom and dad only condoned it if it had to do with success. Whether it was starring in the school musical, performing in front of family members. But when I wanted to make Musical Theatre/Acting/Performing my career, it was quickly squashed to the dirt. I was always told that it will not happen. Ever. So I always pushed my lofty dreams and wishful thinking to the side. As I pushed my dreams farther away from me, I ended up convincing myself that it would never happen.
Fast Forward to October 2006. My sister became very successful at this thing known as voiceover. As a gift, and her knowledge of my true passion for performing, she bought me my first Voiceover seminar at Voicetrax. And from there, I became hooked, and everyday, I was one step closer to living my dream.
I'll stop now. I think the point of this is that I made voiceover/acting my dream. But why dream when you can make it a reality? It's becoming more a more real to me as I start getting auditions from the agency. I still have these pinch me moments, and for goodness sake it's not LA or Hollywood or really landing the big time. But it does make you wonder, if it took me 3 years to get to this point, where would I have been if I started striving for my dream sooner?
No comments:
Post a Comment