Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Clients = Happy Me!

I finished 2 recording sessions this week and they were amazing!

Yesterday I recorded for the character named Maya, for Sega's well known Phantasy Star Universe. This was recorded in downtown San Francisco where I met Greg Weber, CEO of Webtone. He was so amazing to work with! When I thought I wasn't giving what they wanted, Greg would pop in stating that they loved what I was doing. Aside Maya, I got to play other peripheral characters such as a young girl, young female adult, eccentric woman, older woman. I also had to do a lot of efforts like swinging a sword, thrusting a dagger, throwing some punches. At the very end, I got a chance to do some cinema scenes where I'd watch the scene and I'd make real time reactions with what was going on on-screen. It was great! Greg's direction, intensity and overall understanding of what he wanted out of me made it a great experience.

At the very end when we finished paperwork, he mentioned that I have a great set of pipes with a lot of range and sustainability. He also said that I take a lot of risks and have really good instincts which will pay off in the end. Fellow voice over actress Lea Gulino even mentioned that he told her that I came in with absolutely no trepidation so it was great to know I made the client happy.

My second gig was for Somatone and is an Adventures in Wonderland theme. The best part is that I got to play the role of Alice! To think, a Filipino like myself playing a 12 year old blonde hair blue eyed fairytale celebrity! It was absolutely a thrill to work with Somatone. The team was in Canada and Seattle and were patched in while I was at the Emeryville booth. It was smooth sailing. I was definitely nervous that the British accent would get to me or overshadow the acting, but it felt great and I just kept going unless they stopped me. Some of the directors basically said "just keep going, it's like we're just reading along with you". Another mentioned "I'm so quiet because I don't have anything to change". It was so great knowing I was giving them what they wanted despite my doubts.

We finished a bit early so they had me go from being sweet Alice, to an evil Witch and Gretel - yes like the storybook Hansel and Gretel. It was great time and they mentioned that the Adventures in Wonderland is a puzzle game would come out sometime this year.

Just an amazing month for Voiceover. Each month keeps topping the next. The snowball is in full effect and I definitely hope to work with both of these awesome clients again very soon! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Backtrack